For Grins

For Grins

Saturday, February 9, 2019

Spring Chicken

If you are on Facebook I'm sure you have seen the comic reference to having so many things going on in your mind that you are like your computer in that you have 24 tabs open and running at the same time.  Well I tend to be like that with crafting at times.

As you have read I am into creating with watercolor.  I browsed Pinterest to look at the art work of other painters and I came across the term "mixed media".  I had no idea what that was.  I had only painted with paper and paint.  What was this media and how did you mix it with paint?  I found out that now most anything goes. Watercolor, acrylic, colored pencils, twine, glitter, feathers, sand, gauze, coffee grounds...all in one creation!!!!  That kinda blew my mind.  I'm pretty open to things but this was tittering on losing the control of which I try to keep a handle on.

I have now dabbled in this mixed media thing.  Below you will find my first.  This is one my pieces of art that I'm entering into The Greenville Artist Guild show.  The show theme is A Touch of Whimsy.  I used watercolor paper, liquid watercolor, colored pencils, washi tape, clear crystals, iridescent pan wc and ink.

Here is my Mixed Media creation titled:   "Spring" Chicken.  (Get it?? S P R I N G chicken)

Challenge # 218 Anything Goes / Optional Twist - Use A Critter
The challenge is from blog 613 Avenue Create



Now to the tab thing.  When I had my 3 watercolor paintings on display at The Greenville Artist  Guild show this past fall I came across a different form of art.  Digital Art.  I did know we are in the
digital world but hadn't thought of it being in the art world other than graphics used for website creations.

Helene told me that she did digital scrapbooking.  I was amazed that this existed.  In looking through Helene's blog, 2amscrapperblogspot.com, I seen the beautiful pieces she has made.

That is the new tab I have open.  I have been playing with it.  In my next post you will see the modest digital piece I put together.

8 comments:

  1. I love your sense of humor exhibited in this lovely watercolor

    ReplyDelete
  2. Julie - I LOVE your work. The "Spring Chicken" is very cute & I like the pun. Your new friend, Nancy Sapp

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much, Nancy! I'm so glad we met up at Hobby Lobby!

      Delete
  3. Julie this is fantastic and I love the way your sense of fun shines through.
    So glad you stopped by at 613 Avenue Create.
    Hugs Sheryl xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I enjoy reading your blog and seeing all the contributors work!

      Delete
  4. Julie, thank you so much for sharing your Mixed Media project and creativity at 613. I especially like what you have done to create his fabulous tail and your whimsical "Spring Chicken" pun! And I like that your critter fits our challenge!
    ~ginny, DT for 613 Ave C
    RubberMAD (GettyCollection.com)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a stunner! So glad you have shared this with us at 613 Avenue Create. Please come back again! The best of luck with your entry. Jackie, DT member at 613 xx

    ReplyDelete

  November 19, 2021 Steampunk Challenge This creation was made for the Steampunk challenge from The Fripperies and Butterflies Blog . The su...