For Grins

For Grins

Tuesday, January 22, 2019

Your mind isn't playing tricks on you.  I did give you my blog address with the name Julie and as you see the title is This "Judy" Creates.  I will tell you why the name Judy has a special place in my heart.

First a little background to my name, Julia Elizabeth. (Yes, a third J name!)  I'm very proud of my name.  I was named after my Grandmothers.  Julia from my paternal Grandmother, Elizabeth Julia.  Elizabeth from my maternal Grandmother, Violet Elizabeth. I have always "went" by the name Julie. (I know if someone calls and asks for Julia they are selling something!)

Now for Judy!  Have you ever had a word that you have a difficult time rolling your tongue  around and it just doesn't come out right? Well, Grandma Violet had a hard time with my name Julie. From what I understand she called me Judy more than Julie after I was born. She was gently corrected.  You would think that after a while she would get her granddaughters name correct but I remember hearing the name Judy off and on for years.  I recall a cool ink pen she bought me.  It was fashioned like a lollipop.  The sucker part was a bright yellow with in bold black letters....JUDY.  I don't know if they had or were out of Julies or if she secretly wanted me named Judy and this was a little way her wish was fulfilled.  I didn't care.  I loved that ink pen because she bought it for me.

I was lucky to see my Grandma Violet a bunch.  We would hunt 4 leaf clovers, go fishing, and cloud watch.  On the old black and white we enjoyed Charlie Chan, Bowery Boys, Blondie and Dagwood and even Lawrence Welk.  We played jacks, tiddlywinks and did coloring books and watercolors.

You can figure why Judy has that special place.  It reminds me of her and the childhood fun I had. I still cloud watch, enjoy black and white movie and occasionally  listen to champagne music. One thing she helped me the most with was to use my imagination and be creative.

I hope you will enjoy seeing me blog on doing watercolor painting, sewing projects, crocheting and...…...


2 comments:

  1. I love your Judy story. I'm glad your grandma Violet gave you so many fond memories and nutured your creative side. You do beautiful work.

    ReplyDelete

  November 19, 2021 Steampunk Challenge This creation was made for the Steampunk challenge from The Fripperies and Butterflies Blog . The su...